I‘m Dylan Smith.
I‘m a product designer.
I wrote this for you.
- What should your hourly rate be as a freelancer? Take a simple formula, tweak it to work for you, and consider an alternative to selling time. 2018-11-21
- How to write Rails comments that don’t appear in rendered HTML 2018-10-29
- Southpaw grammar 2018-10-24
- Don’t draw shitty Spider-Men Deadlines are the enemy of quality, but sometimes they’re unavoidable. So what do we do? 2018-10-16
- A Million Email Geeks on a Million Keyboards Video of my talk about the value of online communities for people working in niche industries and roles. 2018-09-27
- A certain perfect ratio 2018-09-26
- All talk 2018-09-26
- First impressions of Google Contributor 2018-09-17
- Right-click, copy link address 2018-08-27
- Grid enough 2018-08-26
- RSS boys we out here 2018-08-24
- Solving for f() Every once in a while a designer writes an article that totally changes the way I think about something. 2018-08-23
- Maintaining your sanity while using Slack A mostly complete guide to actually getting some work done 2018-08-04
- Broken leg Three things you should do when preparing to speak at a tech event 2018-06-18
- Banner year Recounting the highlights of a successful 2017 2017-12-31
- A better placeholder image generator I built the user interface Placehold.it should have had all along. 2017-11-01
- Reasons to pay it forward It was obvious from 10:00 on Monday that Reasons To wasn’t going to be like the conferences I normally attend. 2017-09-07
- Show your hand It’s rare to see a designer cop to their influences, especially when those influences are their contemporaries. 2016-10-12
- How to avoid getting ripped off by a client Eight steps you need to take on every single project to protect yourself as a freelancer 2016-07-07
- Briefly on Briefly Thoughts on setting the stage for a successful project 2016-06-09